Thursday, April 17, 2008

Embrace the Elf Within

I'm off to Phoenix, AZ tomorrow bright and early. I'm so not looking forward to that, as I'm not a morning person at all. It's a pretty major archery event, and we've never shot that far as a team at all. Half of us are competing in a full FITA event which has us shooting at 90 meters, while the other half are shooting a 900 round which is shooting different distances varying from 60 meters to 40. Now to give you an idea of how that changes things, we normally shoot at 18 meters and I can get a grouping of about a grapefruit on a good day. We've been practicing recently on a 70 meter range, and I now get groupings about the size of the target, which is roughly 4 feet in diameter. So I'm not expecting to bring back any medals or anything. In any case, I wanted to let you guys know that I'll be back next week with a photo update of Western Regionals. Until then.

No comments: