Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Question of Etiquette

If I see a photo with a friend of mine up on a Mini Feed in Facebook, but I don't know the person who took the picture, is it rude to comment on their picture? Is it rude to comment to my friend, via the picture taken from a photographer that I don't know?

In my opinion I find it quite weird when people comment TO people in my pictures. Not all together rude, but still rather strange. I feel that if you are to comment about someone's picture, it should be directed to the person who posted the picture. Granted the person tagged, would receive a notice that you posted a comment on a picture that they're in, and I suppose you'd want them to receive your message in some sort of context, but still I find it slightly inappropriate. Perhaps its not as big a deal if you know the post-er, however I would find it incredibly odd if someone who I was not friends with or even knew posted on my pictures, and to top that off, direct their comment at the person in my photos. Honestly it's not that big of an issue, but I just wanted to see what you guys thought about it.

"And now a question of etiquette, as I pass you do I give you the ass or the crotch"-Tyler Durden, Fight Club.

No comments: